Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Where Did You Go, Gingerbread Lady?

Nowhere.
Nowhere exciting, that is. I hung around Exhaustionville for a bit, then I moved on to Pregnancy Grumptown and finally took up residence in Denial. It's been a busy time.

I'm now nine months pregnant and three days overdue. I've reached the stage where people greet me with "Oh, no!" or "Are you still here?" My 19-month-old brought me his football the other day and tried to stuff it up his jumper, saying "Big belly! Big belly!" Yes, son, I know.

But aside from the fact that I'm in a limbo of waiting and am living like someone under house arrest (because husband and concerned friends feel the need to accompany me everywhere, lest my waters should break in line at the bank or next to the frozen foods at the supermarket), I'm doing well and I hope you are, too. Your lovely comments in the past few months have been dearly appreciated and I plan to get myself back on track soon, baby or no.

11 comments:

Paul & Carla said...

I hope by the time you see this your sweet little one is here. May God bless...

Erica said...

You posted something similar when you were prego with John and then you went into labor. I hope you had the same luck this time!!

Ann said...

Both of my sons were late, taking their sweet time to make an appearance. My second son was born in Germany. Thankfully your pregnancy has been mostly during the cold weather. I hope you have your child soon. I really miss your humor.

patrysia said...

I think hatching a baby while raising a toddler and working are excuse enough to take a break. I wish you the best of luck, and hope the Gingerbread baby arrives soon.

Katie K said...

Glad to hear that you're okay, Good luck with it all!

Marinake said...

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hang in there, it will be over soon! Have a great babymoon and enjoy the baby and your big brother, it will be a very special meeting between these two :)

Liz said...

All the best, hope the wait isn't too much longer x

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely to read how you're doing! Of all the mummy blogs I read, I've missed your wit and way with words. Good luck for the next few days, and the arrival of number two - exciting! Looking forward to reading more from you when life gets a bit less overdue then newborn-fuzzy...

Amjaylou said...

Wishing the very best for you in this very exciting albeit exhausting time. Amanda x

Aaron and Andrea Parker said...

I am in love with your work. You have some amazing ideas that I cannot wait to use in the future. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. I am not subscribed to your blog yet, but I will be. Thanks for sharing your amazing gift with the rest of us.