Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peggy's White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies




Disclaimer: every time I make these cookies, they're delicious. But every time I make them, they're slightly different. I don't know how I manage it, but I do. And don't be tempted to use milk chocolate, even if you - like me - don't ordinarily like white chocolate. White chocolate is a must, not an option!

Blend:
160g butter, melted
250g brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence

Mix and add:
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
280g flour

Add:
50g oats
150g white chocolate chips (or white chocolate chopped into small cubes)
150g coarsely chopped cranberries - I use dried cranberries. You can buy them in the supermarkets with the other dried fruit, e.g. raisins and sultanas

Line an oven tray with baking paper.Place little rounded heaps of batter (no more than a dessert-spoonful) on the prepared tray, about 5 cm/2 inches apart. Bake cookies, one tray at a time in a moderate oven, for about 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Found you!!!! I LOVE your blog, I can hear you talking when I'm reading your posts, and I particularly like the recipe for the cookies, think I'll have to make them tomorrow for the four savages. Love you Ginger, and BTW, your blog should be called "The Adventures of the GingerHEAD Lady", ho ho xxxxxx